Thursday, July 19, 2012

New Project: Baby B 兵兵

front on the left, back on the right

pattern booklet cover

Design L from the same booklet
Project:  Baby B 兵兵
Pattern Design B Anchor Sweater from Sirdar Gorgeous Babies Knitting Book
Yarn:  Paton's Classic Wool from stash 
Yardage about 200 yards
Needles: Size 6 & 8
Cast onJuly 14 2012
Notes: I did run out of yarn on Nightsong. As I wait for additional supply and with London Olympics starting next week, I decided to do something small and fun. I adored this Sirdar pattern booklet ever since Henry was a wee one. The picture of him in Design L is on Ravelry pattern page. I didn't knit a lot of baby things, for one thing when the baby or toddler is small, one's hands tend to be very occupied. Baby things are expected to be knitted in acrylic or washable wool, both of which I dislike. Now I'm just going to knit something cute and adorable and in the wool yarn that my hands prefer. I don't know what will happen to the sweater yet, it sure is fun to make.
Happy Fiber Arts Friday! Join the party on Andrea's blog and leave me a comment! 

12 comments:

Cathy Johnson said...

I didn't knit much either when the boys were young, only now that they are bigger can I find time for my own indulgence. Love Sirdar designs, this sweater is really cute, maybe you can save it for later (much later I mean)... ;-)

WonderWhyGal said...

Oooh, that first project is going to be super adorable.

I love the photo of Henry. I wish I was a faster knitter so I could make stuff like this for my kids. I guess I should be happy that I finish hats and mitts.

Kathryn Ray said...

I think that little sweater will be adorable. :-)

Lapdog Creations said...

Oh I absolutely love that! :)

Btw, make sure you come over and enter my current contest... I think you'd love it!

Pumpkin said...

That has got to be one of the most adorable baby sweaters I have ever seen! I love the cute little motifs! It is just going to be darling!

Voie de Vie said...

I'm with Andrea - that pic of Henry is just great! That hat is priceless, and the upturned collar - he's looking kid-like and rock-star-like all at the same time. :)

I'm a big Sirdar fan too - at least of their pattern booklets (haven't used too much of the yarn yet). Will look forward to seeing the wee FO.

Vivian said...

Cathy, I had the same idea and when I mentioned it to Henry he turned purple ;-)

VdV, I'm glad you like the upturned collar, because for the life of me I couldn't make it lay flat! Henry was just on the verge of being a kid and too cool to be a kid, so it worked out perfectly. Now he's too cool to look at his picture on the pattern page.

AllyB said...

That is a sweet picture of Henry. Great sweater Vivian...your knitting skills are stellar. Give that little Rascal some pets and sniffs for us please.

AllyB said...

oh, and LittleDog did get to eat some popcorn out of that bowl.

Kim Sonksen said...

Oh how cute!!!!! I totally love this, I am a sucker for anything nautical and this wee sweater is divine - that's why I am somehow glad you ran out of yarn for Nightsong otherwise we would have never seen this beauty!

Spinster Beth said...

I have to say the look on the baby's face on the book is pretty funny ;-)

I am looking forward to more of the shawl ... since it so completely defeated me!

Heather Woollove said...

Vivian--I love the baby sweater!! You can be like me and start a 'baby box' for your future grandchildren!! :)