Friday, March 07, 2014

Stripe Three, Ends Ends Ends


Finished the third stripy scarf and sent it on its way to Ally B. I love having one of these projects in the car, so whenever I have a few minutes I'd have something to keep my hands occupied. The pattern is simple enough I can knit it without my glasses, and forgiving enough to use just about any odd ball yarn I have.

I ran into my friends at Green Planet Yarn at Stitches and they informed me that they had been keeping all the ends for me and there was a large stash of it for me to pick up. Well of course I had to get it. So last Sunday while watching the Oscars I had this big bag of ends in my lap, in the process of becoming a magic ball which in turn will become a scarf (or scarves).



We had couple of nice storms last week that brought us some much needed rain. It's not enough to relieve the severe drought, but it's so nice to hear the creek flowing again.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday! Join the party on Andrea's blog, and leave me a comment!

6 comments:

Kathryn Ray said...

Congratulations to AllyB and congratulations on your rain. :-)

Carol said...

Another nice scarf - you are inspiring me to do one of these with my various leftovers.

Andria said...

What a great idea to use up leftovers. The scarf is lovely, and Ally B is lucky!

WonderWhyGal said...

I love the scrappy scarves. I know mine from you got worn a lot on those super cold days this winter.

Heather Woollove said...

It feels so good to use up scraps, doesn't?!? So pretty, too.

Unknown said...

Lucky AllyB! Cute scarf. I need to do a scarf like that and use up all these ends that collect in a basket! I just can't throw them away.