Thursday, May 28, 2009

Hot Puggie



Bucky was up all night last night panting and crying. We tried all the regular tricks, turned on the AC, took him outside (many times!), even drugged him with baby aspirin in case something was hurting him, nothing worked. I slept on and off on the floor with him while he walked in circles around me, begging to go outside every five minutes. He ate breakfast this morning, but no sign for potty. Something is definitely bothering him and he can't tell us what's wrong. We are taking him to the vet later in the morning. At his age (13.5) I just hope we don't have to do anything invasive to figure out the problem. Keep Bucky in your thoughts please.

Update on Bucky: The vet said his back was a bit out of whack which was the source of the pain. She used a chiropractics tool to give his back a few mild shocks. He was better right away. We also got stronger pain medication to ease the inflammation, and a narcotic drug to help him calm down.

8 comments:

Sue said...

We've all got our paws crossed for Bucky. Please let us know what's wrong and how he's doing.

Anonymous said...

I hope Bucky will be OK. Yes, please let us know how he is doing. I will keep all of you in my prayers ♥

Sonya said...

Hope the treatment and new meds keep him comfortable.
I will be watching for more info.

Natalie Rush said...

Hope he feels better soon. Bucky is in our thoughts and prayers.

Rachael said...

Good to hear the doc was helpful. Very glad the little guy is feeling better.

YawnOver said...

Oh, Bucky. We are sending healing thoughts your way.

Glad to hear that the vet could make him a bit more comfortable. Keep us posted.

KimKim said...

Oh sweetie, my heart just breaks for him. I'm so glad the vet sorted him out. I love Bucky.

Z said...

Feel better, Bucky.