Friday, September 30, 2011

Safe Return Mittens Finale

The lonely mitten from last week now has a mate!


Project: Safe Return Mittens
Pattern: Safe Return Mittens by Robin Hansen, Knitting Traditions Winter 2011
Yarn: Paton's Classic Wool
Yardage:  odd balls from assorted projects
Needles: Size 6 and 8
Cast on: September 16, 2011

Cast off: September 27, 2011
Cost: less than $5
Notes: The pattern was written for right hand, not a word about the left hand. It wasn't hard to figure it out but I wish there was recognition for my other hand.

I know how much everyone has missed the little Rascal, click on the picture to enjoy your full Rascal experience. This is his regular "sandwiching" pose. I intruded his privacy.

Happy Friday! Join the party on Andrea's blog, Tami's blog, and leave me a comment!

15 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

How cute. I used to have a dog that would hide under the cover too. LOVE IT! The mittens are great. It is odd that they didn't make an adjustment for the left hand. Argh! That would totally mess me up.

Paula said...

Excellent mittens! I'm not sure what I'd do if my pattern didn't offer instructions for the other hand -- maybe hide under the cushions?

pinkundine said...

I'd be completely clueless and probably make 2 right handed mittens before I even thought about it ;) They look great

Sam Findlay said...

Lovely mittens!

Melissa Plank said...

So completely darling, somebodies little paddies are gonna be toasty warm!

Kate (KnitsInClass) said...

I didn't even realize there was a little pup under there! Super cute - I fostered a beagle last year that burrowed. Came in handy in the winter :)
Great mittens - too funny about the one-handed instructions.

Karen said...

The mittens are wonderful! Rascal is so cute:)

Marushka C. said...

Beautiful job on the mittens & excellent colors too.

Unknown said...

What a near stranded pattern. Love them!

Spinster Beth said...

HAhahahaahha I missed the doggie the first time, read everyone's comments and had to go back. Cute!!

I love Knitting Traditions ... such an awesome magazine. Love the mittens, and look forward to the St. Brigid!

Melissa said...

Congrats on getting them done...they are lovely.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday!!

Kathryn Ray said...

I love the mittens and the Rascal. :-)

Voie de Vie said...

Are you sure Rascal wasn't a cat in a former life? :)

Glad to see two mittens - they are excellent.

Keri said...

Lovely mittens and pairs are always good.

Bill said...

When Rascal comes out of the sandwich, he is like a toasty little bullet from Quizno's!

The mittens are very classy looking! The color is perfect.