Hope everyone has their feet solidly into 2012 by now. If you are like me you'll be writing 2011 for a few more months and that's OK, no one is going to vote you off the island. On Wednesday Henry and I went to visit my mom in Carmel and picked up her charity knitting. These are what she did besides her holiday knitting for her friends in the retirement community, doctors, nurses, bus drivers, etc. Yeah, she's productive. I brought her two big bags of yarn to keep her going.
|crochet child's ponchos and knitted/crochet hat/scarf sets|
1. I won't run out and buy a spinning wheel and learn to spin.
2. Same goes for loom and weaving.
3. I probably won't knit a cozy for anything that generally should remain naked, like teapot, toilet paper roll, chairs, kitchen sink, sofa bed, yoga mat, bus, boat, Boeing 747.
4. I'm not too crazy about cowls, so I probably won't be knitting one of those, even tho it's all the rage. I was made to wear them when I was young and they were very uncomfortable, and they get in the way of my hair.
5. I can’t resist buying yarn at Stitches West tho I don’t need more yarn and shouldn’t spend the money.
6. I won't create, check out or follow a fiber arts bucket list and in turn feel miserable about my lack of knowledge and adventurism.
7. I don't spend time designing and test knitting. Too many pretty patterns out there and I'm a good follower, except for when I change the patterns.
(This reminds me of some Knitting Revelations I wrote years ago, feel free to check it out.)
Happy Friday and Happy New Year! Join the party on Andrea's blog, Tami's blog, and leave me a comment!