Thursday, February 14, 2013

Indigo Progress, Baby Turns 14!


Indigo, shop sample for Green Planet Yarn, is slowly but surely marching on. I'm done with the body and half of one sleeve (short sleeve). Hope there is enough yarn left to make both sleeves the same length! Knitting broken rib in such a dark color at night is a bit demanding. I'll be glad when it's done.

Aren't they both good lookin'
My little boy, the human child in the picture, turns 14 on Friday! Soon enough he will be starting high school. I can't believe I'm that old, sigh.

Happy Fiber Arts Friday! Join the party on Andrea's blog and leave me a comment!

9 comments:

Mademoiselle Marie said...

happy birthday to your little man!
I try to avoid knitting dark colors (especially in the evening) because I have to pay much more attention and it sometimes even gives me a headache. Hah.
I guess I'm more of a cheerful, bright color knitter ;)

Cathy Johnson said...

Happy birthday to Henry! He's growing up to be a handsome young man. Your knitting is fab, knitting anything in dark colour at night is hard!

WonderWhyGal said...

Happy Birthday, Henry! I love that we've blogged together long enough that I've watched your child (and other bloggers children) grow. We are a great fiber arts family.

That sweater is gorgeous. It does look like it would move slowly but will be so worth the wait.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday to your son....he is very handsome.

The sweater is looking great....can't imagine knitting it in such a dark color.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to a very handsome young man. Love the style of the sweater. Fingers crossed on yardage!

Audry said...

This sample looks great!

And happy birthday to your son. (and my birthday buddy)

Voie de Vie said...

The sweater is coming along nicely. Do love the dark blue, but I'm with you on the hazards of working with dark colors at night. :)

And happy birthday to your Henry! Both kid and pup are looking good. :)

Ginx Craft said...

Lovely picture of your son and puppy. I know what you mean. My son is 13, and suddenly taking great delight in the fact he is taller than me. It is hard to think where your little baby has gone.

Sue said...

Wow, he's a handsome young man. Belayed birthday wishes to Henry.
Sue