Thursday, June 20, 2013

Another Oldie: Tree of Life Afghan



Project:  Tree of Life Afghan
Pattern Tree of Life Afghan by Nicky Epstein, published by Lion Brand Yarn
Yarn:  Encore Worsted solid white
Yardage:  about 10 balls, 2000 yards
Needles: Size 8
Cast on: 2002

Cast off:  2004

Cost: about $50
Notes: Knitted this a decade ago (!) for my in-laws' 50th wedding anniversary. It was one of my first major cable projects, and I gave myself two years to finish it. Think I finished it with plenty of time to spare. Now that I remember, I'd better start planning something for their 60th coming up next year. 




The pattern looks complicated but was fairly easy to execute. The leaf border was a lot of fun to make.
Happy Friday! Join the party on Andrea's blogTami's blog, and leave me a comment!

8 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

It's stunning! I'm actually speechless...simply stunning.

AllyB said...

So beautiful! I love the leaves around the edge. Your talent is boundless. Happy Fiber Arts Friday!

Carol said...

Beautiful Vivian! You are a very talented knitter.

Lapdog Creations said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Voie de Vie said...

Another great project! Two years to complete? You're good. I know I wouldn't have planned that much time if it were me. Maybe a year, on a good planning day when harmonic convergence occurred. :)

Word Lily said...

It's beautiful! Love the border.

Kathryn Ray said...

That blanket is beautiful!

Pumpkin said...

Wow, that looks like a lot of fun! There are just so many design elements it must always be interesting. A lot of people stall out on blankets because they are boring to knit, not this one! I'm glad you picked white for it.