Friday, July 28, 2006

Yarn Harlot

My knitting friends will think that I'm totally ignorant -- I didn't know Yarn Harlot has her own book out. I have read At Knit's End (at some point even owned two copies), and have recently seen Knitting Rules in the book store. What I didn't know was that Stephanie Pearl-McPhee has published a book in the namesake of her infamous blog, not until last night when I saw it at Yarn Dogs that is. To those of you knittingly challenged, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee is a knitter, writer from Canada. I first saw her writing on Knitlist, one of the first and biggest online knitting groups, now she has her blog and has now written three books. Her books are not the "follow my instructions and let me show you how to knit and tell you a few stories" kind of books, she writes humor, dissects a knitter's hoarding mind, shows the world how dangerous an obsessive compulsive knitter can be. Bookclub, consider you are warned!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I now consider myself warned!