Thursday, August 03, 2006

Sometimes there is too much work

I'm trying to stay awake after working here till midnight last night. Yesterday was my first day to have a badge (took them two weeks to produce one since the office manager was on vacation and she's the only person in the company to code new badges), so I came in early thinking that I could leave at a decent time. Best laid plans, you know how that goes. We were planning to go to Jazz on the Plazz, our regular Wednesday night outing during the summer. At 5:30pm I shut down the computer, checked up with everyone all around, made sure they didn't need me to do anything else, packed up and ready to go. Then the other consultant wanted a print out of my report for the accountant, luckily they were able to take care of it. Then the accountant wanted the same report, for the past six months. Then the CFO gathered everyone, she wanted clean financials since last year, which is pretty much the start of the company. She wants them by the time she comes in the next day. Before I knew it, the PC was rebooted and I was calling the husband to let him know not to wait for me -- "just need to wrap up some stuffs here, I'll see you guys at the park." 7:30pm, the husband checking in, Henry was waiting for me to have dinner. Just barely got started with March COGS. 8:30pm, call the guys, obviously I wasn't going to the concert. Finished March, starting April COGS. 10:30pm, message on my cell phone, the husband wants to make sure I was still alive. My head was tumbing in COGS. 11pm, correcting mistakes for the past consultants. The accountant grabs a coke to stay perked. Midnight, home sweet home.

No comments: