Sunday, June 22, 2008

Coat Ripped

In less than two years, my stash of Paton's Classic Wool has gone from this:



to this:



to this:



It was planned for Southwest Goes Uptown by Lily Chin, published in Knitters magazine Fall 1999. The slip stitch pattern gave me some trouble, and a terrible experience with SonShapes who failed to make me an ever so gorgeous wood 36" size 10 circular needle for $35 left me a sour taste on this project.

The previous entries: here, here and here.

The coat rested in the back of my closet for the past year, and couple of weeks ago I finally ripped it all out. My it felt good!

Now go on and plan the next challenge. I want to make something:
1. Large, not a hat or toy, most likely adult size garment
2. Textured. I'm not into color work, and I have two simple projects on the needles already (garter stitch and stockinette stitch), so I need something more engaging.
3. I want to use some of my fine weight yarn, alpaca, cashmere or wool.
4. Use stash! I will find pattern for what's in my stash, not the other way around.

For those on Ravelry, feel free to look at my queue and stash and make suggestions.

4 comments:

Romi said...

Sometimes it feels great to rip, doesn't it?

Lynn said...

Good for you!! Funny how you mentioned your goals, they are similar to mine!

Anonymous said...

I've been eyeing this girly-fied cobblestone pullover: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/PugMama/cobblestone-pullover-3

It might work well with your Paton's Wool!

Paula said...

Oh I just ripped some ufo's last night!