Friday, June 19, 2009

Pagode: RIP Champion

The Pagode saga continues. Recap:
- I was very happy when I bought it in April 2006
- Cast on a year later
- First RIP, when I switched ivory with wheat
- Second RIP was not documented, but I think it had something to do with a pocket
- Finally finished knitting two fronts, and miraculously, they are the same

Since then I finished the back, which thankfully does not look like either of the fronts. Last week I let a Boston Legal rerun distract me, and ripped out one of the fronts. Couple of people asked me why I can't just flip one of them over since it's all garter stitch. Well my friends, I'd certainly do that if they look the same on both right and wrong sides. But the wrong side looks like this:



It looks blurry because the color changes created ridges on the wrong side. The right side looks like this:



Also I couldn't make another two opposite fronts since there wouldn't be enough yarn to get around, and I would be bored out of my skins doing that much garter stitch any way. And why or why would a girl want two sweaters that are exactly the same!

4 comments:

Holly said...

but you are making progress. The good and bad thing about garter stitch - it is so lovely when it is done and drapes so well.
But one goes insane while knitting it.

cinnamongirl93 said...

I feel your pain. I seem to do a lot of frogging myself. Your project is looking great!

YawnOver said...

Hang in there - this will be a gorgeous sweater...eventually ;)

Sue said...

I know how you feel. I can't just let something go if it doesn't seem right. Rob laughs at me because I'll do more ripping than stitching on both my cross stitch and my knitting.