Friday, November 25, 2011

Charity Knitting

Hope all of my friends in the US had a great Thanksgiving holiday! On Wednesday Henry had the day off so we went to visit my mom and pick up some of her finished knitting. My mom is a very proficient knitter, and nowadays mostly knits for charity. If you click on the CIC label on the right hand side column there are some pictures of her knitting from couple of years ago.

It's been rainy so I have to take pictures indoor, the flash really hurts colors.

child's vest

berets and Rascal

knit/crochet baby blanket #1

more berets (wish I got these before Halloween)

baby vest

knit/crochet baby blanket #2

knit/crochet baby blanket #3

little girl hat and scarf set

child's vest
Happy Black Friday! When you are not busy shopping, join the cyber party on Andrea's blogTami's blog, and leave me a comment!

9 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

That is A LOT of projects. I need to turn in the charity knits and weaving I have done throughout the year to my favorite charity. This is the season for giving plus where I work, a lot of my clients are the people who need those hats and gloves.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Melissa Plank said...

Yow-za, that is a lot of needle work, I am completely amazed!!! Great job!

Kathryn Ray said...

Definately impressive!

Have a great weekend.

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

You are very prolific! I love the child's vest.

Voie de Vie said...

I'm assuming (since I think most, if not all, of those items are crocheted) that your mother made them? She's definitely very prolific with the hook! I am positive each will be put to good use and much appreciated by the recipient.

What are you working on?

Vivian said...

Andrea, remember to take pictures of your charity work and post about them!

Melissa, Kathryn, Thanks!

Marie, my mom's work ;-) thanks!

VdV, the vests are knitted, hats are crochet, baby blankets have a knitted center. My mom is primarily a knitter, but she doesn't use any pattern so her work can be very unusual and creative. I'm still working on my St. Brigid, guess it's about time for an update!

AllyB said...

Your Mom's been busy! I think you should have taken a pic of Rascal wearing a beret. Maybe you could knit him a Rascal size one? Have a great weekend.

Spinster Beth said...

I love the berets!

Sue said...

I love looking at your Mom's charity knitting. She inspires me, though I'm doing selfish knitting recently.
Hop you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.