Friday, March 23, 2012

Mock Cables Finale

Project:  Mock Cables 真淑女
Pattern
 High-Low Peplum Pullover by Sandy Cushman,  Interweave Knits, Spring 2001 
Yarn
 Karabella Majestic 
Yardage:  
 1240 yards in stash (could have used a few more yards on the neckline)
Needles: Size 7
Cast on: January 26, 2012 

Cast off: March 18, 2012
Cost: estimate $40. The yarn was on sale at Stitches. I don't remember buying it, but I wouldn't have paid more.
Previous entries: here, here, and here
Notes: The neckline came out much lower than I planned as I was running out of yarn, I think it looks fine. I still want to add something in the center diamonds, but it's a pretty busy all over pattern, adding more to it might just be too much. I wore it Thursday evening to a concert at our local high school (Henry's music instructor plays in the band), and it was quite warm and comfortable, and pretty too, so I should leave good enough alone.

Love me some spring colors
Happy Friday! Join the party on Andrea's blogTami's blog, and leave me a comment! 

16 comments:

WonderWhyGal said...

As always, your knitting is so inspiring. I love all of those cables. Now that I am learning how to knit cables and mock cables, I wonder why I was so scared of them. I love the color too.

Kathryn Ray said...

I think it looks great!

Jamie Wang said...

Looks great, Vivian!

I think the neckline is perfect as it is.

Flattering color, flattering cut.

Jocelyn said...

It's great that you got this far before running out -- turned out perfect, neckline and all.

Sandy said...

Pretty Daffodils and gorgeous sweater!

katili said...

It looks lovely! :)

AllyB said...

I love it! The color is perfect for spring...if there ever is one. Is it as hot out there as it is here?

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Gorgeous - an it looks like the fit is perfect!

Unknown said...

Beautiful sweater! I may just have to pull out my magazine & see what I have in my stash. Lovely!

Carol said...

Your sweater really fits you well and I love the color. Congrats on another great project finished.

Unknown said...

It is gorgeous!! I think the neckline looks fine.

Heather Woollove said...

Pretty...and perfect for Easter!

Pumpkin said...

Oh wow! It's finished! This is such a lovely sweater, completely worth the time. I actually really like the neckline the way it came out. I cannot imagine it looking any other way. I cannot believe how inexpensive the yarn was, it looks like it was nice to work with.

Spinster Beth said...

Beautiful! As always :-)

Unknown said...

stunning...

Melissa Plank said...

This turned out really pretty,it's a great color and such a nice design. It looks great!