Sunday, November 05, 2006

De Colores, Finished Hat, Gartered Stripes

A minor discovery about the De Colores jacket -- it's simply too wide and too square for my taste. If I hold the front like this, making it a double breasted jacket, the back fits a lot better. I lose one panel on the front, that will have to be OK. The back view, no more tilting. Now I need to pull my acts together and finish the crochet cuffs and weave in the ends. Finding the buttons will be fun. Hat pattern from Pattern-A-Day calendar. Knitted in one piece side ways; cabled braid on the band and the body is short rowed wedges. Three needle bind off to fuse the last row and cast on edge together. The yarn is an 100% wool from Lion Brand. Bucky thinks it looks pretty cool too. Stripe up the Band, by Candace Eisner Strick, yarn is Ellen's 1/2 Pint one strand hand painted variegated wool and one strand custom dyed lavender/purple wool. Incredibly lovely yarn as always, so far all garter stitch pattern. I only work on this a row or two at a time, to enjoy the yummy yarn, and keep from getting bored with the repetitive motion.

No comments: