Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Day 3 of Unemployment

Four straight hours of interviews this morning, eight people, two companies in Redwood City, actually share the same parking lot. How did I manage that! First company is a dot com star and dot com bomb, now trying to start fresh. It's a manager position and I met with the 3 people that were to report to this manager, and the current manager (a consultant), the VP of Finance and HR manager. Everyone is really really nice, one of the ladies even called me "hon" and "poor girl" (for going through such a lengthy interview). Can't picture myself giving orders to these kind folks. Second company is a start up, going public in a few months. I can't understand half of what the manager said, both because of her accent, and her soft spoken style. The company lobby was well hidden, right next to some huge generators in a large wire cage. How much should I make from the stock options to make it worth the commute? Two recruiters and a hiring manager all got back to me with the same message -- wait, we might want to talk to you some day. They are testing my patience.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Stock options are a joke...(just look at Paul...) They can offer you zillions $$$ of stock... but if it's all worthless, it doesn't matter. Your motto should be "Show me the money!!!!!!!"