Monday, June 12, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me

For my birthday celebration, my guys took me on the Hornblower brunch cruise on Saturday. It was overcast and very windy and cold. Henry was recovering from the bug from last week, and decided to sleep on the chairs for half of the trip. It was nice to be out on the bay. Large bodies of water always make me a calmer person.

On the job front, did my interview/test this morning, glad it's over. By early afternoon there were six messages on the cell phone to return, and six more waiting for me at home. Lots of buzz, no fruit.

My beloved was told today that he's officially on the RIF list -- that's Reduction in Force, aka, layoff. This comes after his job being changed every other week for the last six months since he started it in November. And it comes after I referred him to this job, then he started it three weeks before I quit the company. The day I went to HR for my exit interview, he was in the same building for new hire orientation.

If you are not following this story, don't worry, we lost track a long time ago. Although we do have a strong tendency of going parallel in our careers, would be nice to know what we are going next.

The good news today, EDD will pay me over $1,800 a month for unemployment benefit, much more than I anticipated.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Every cloud had a silver lining."
"When life gives you lemons make lemonade."
"When God closes a door, he opens a window."
"Time is a dressmaker specializing in alterations"
"The greater the obstacle the more glory in overcoming it."
Yeah--- Yeah --- Yeah---- Easy for me to say.....

Jennifer said...

Happy belated birthday.

Jocelyn said...

If you haven't already go to the EDD office in Sunnyvale -- they have a professional group that meets on Friday's if I recall -- it's a networking group for high tech. I meant to join myself but then I got a job...still on my todo list though.