Monday, May 08, 2006

Blue Ridge Gazette

I found this blog the other day: http://blueridgegazette.blogspot.com/ I've been to the east coast only once -- southern portion of the east coast to be exact, and am terrible at US geography, so I haven't figured out if Blue Ridge Mountains is in the south or as it says on the blog "from Maine to Georgia". But wherever it is, I want to be there. Love the writings on this blog. Wish there is something like that for the California coast, not serious literature which we have plenty, just every day layman enjoying the place we live. Some other places I want to visit: - Vancouver Island, British Columbia - Pug Wash, Nova Scotia (not just for the name, but the name did get my attention right away) - Woolly places in Scottland and Ireland - south of France - Switzerland

3 comments:

D L Ennis said...

Hi Vivian, thank you for your kind words!

We call the blog Blue Ridge Gazette but, the Blue Ridge actually runs from Pennsylvania to northern Alabama; we cover the Appalachian mountains from Maine to Georgia. The Appalachian Mountains run from Southeast Canada to Alabama.

Thanks again and hope you visit often!
DL

Mark said...

Hey Vivian! We love what we do on the BRG and the region we live in makes it easy for us to write about things that we see every day. I travel as part of my job and spend lots of time in large cities that make me really glad to live here among these hills. Each section of the US has something special to offer and I bet your area is just as special to you as the Blue Ridge is to us. Maybe you should start a blog for your region and invite writers to join. I'm just thinking out loud. Come see us sometime!

Thanks, Mark

Anonymous said...

It's a small world after all....