Friday, May 05, 2006

Noro Projects Planned

Over Easter weekend I had a coupon from Micheal's for 30% off entire purchase. I went to the Saratoga store and dug out all their Paton's Classic Wool all 9 balls of black left on the shelf. They will go with a bag of Noro Silk Garden I got earlier this year at Stitches. They'll become this sweater from Module Magic. It's called De Colores Jacket, worked in strips and joined together using 3-needle bind-off. There are four strips for the back, two for each front and two short ones for each side. I won't need all 9 balls of black of course, so will have to come up with another project to use them up. Here is my copy of the Module Magic signed by the author Ginger Luters. Another sweater planned with Noro yarn. This one is also from the same book, the pattern is Nevada City Windows and here is what it says in the book: "The squares in this jacket are joined as you work this fun to knit slip stitch pattern. The beautiful colors in the handdyed yarn appear to peek through little windows outlined in black." The yarn is Noro Kureyon and the black is some 100% wool from Newton Yarn Country. It's pretty thin so I might have to doubt it up to get the worsted weight gauge. All packed and ready to go in my African basket.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOw--- I don't think I ever realized how totally into knitting you are!