Friday, May 19, 2006

Nina Wesson

I knew Nina from the Santa Clara 99 Las Madres playgroup, the year before I went back to work. My husband's cousin was in that playgroup, and I also knew couple others from the Kaiser Mommy and Me class that we were in when the babies were new borns. At that time Nina only had the older two kids, but they were very close in age, less than 15 months I believe. In those days I was having great deal of trouble dealing with just one child, all his separation issues, social issues, potty training, allergies, etc. Nina went around carrying an infant and tending her toddler, made it look like literarily a walk in the park. She always had a great laugh.

Nina Wesson passed away on May 2 at 35 years old, left her husband with 3 young children.

Somethings are beyond comprehension. Why is it always the most loving caring person to leave first? Is it because they give so much to others there is nothing left in the self? Is the world punishing the ones being cared for, that it's time to be on their own? It's not fair.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Vivian, you said that so much better than I could. Thank you for that.

Sarah

Jennifer said...

I just read this on Sarah's blog. I am so sorry.

Anonymous said...

Such sad news... I can't imagine not seeing my children grow up. Paul's grandmother died on Mother's Day. She was 93! Out lived 2 husbands. When I mention her death, people say they are sorry. I'm not. SHE WAS 93!!! Like WOW!!!! 93!!!!!!! That's nothing to be sorry about.

Leslie Shelor said...

Sorry for such a sad loss. I wish there were answers to your questions but I don't think there are any. It's a reminder to treasure our loved ones!