Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Some Nice Things to Look forward to

The husband, who has been "borrowing" my Prius so he can drive in the commuter lane to his job in Redwood City, is moving to Milpitas today, which means -- I'll have my car back!!! I'll have my little green engine for the 2.5 mile drive to pick up Henry every evening, and on days when I don't need to drive, I'll be looking at MY car sitting idle in the garage. ahhhh, life is a bliss..... On Friday the husband and I are taking the day off and trek to San Francisco to say farewell to Pixar Animation Studios. We've been going to the share holder meeting every year since we first bought the stock in 1998, which coincides with the conception of Henry. With the upcoming buyout from Disney, the future for Pixar is unknown to say the best. But we will join the last share holder meeting nonetheless and put in our vote for the merger -- me against it emotionally and for the sake of the employees. Coming from my six months stunt in the midst of Veritas/Symantec merger, I don't wish that upon anyone, and I don't have high confidence for Disney to begin with. Back to some happier thoughts. On Saturday I will be in a purse class, Silver Lining taught by the talented Lorna Miser, of the original Lorna's Lace's fame. There is a lot of homework for this class, including a 6x12 swatch. I decided to do two 6x6 mitered squares in a very firm gauge with scrap yarn. Just finished the second one last night and they look pretty cute. Now all I need to do is to find a "fat quarter" for the right size. I'll have to drive to a fabric store, darn it. Our book club is meeting next Monday night and I haven't read the book, The Maltese Falcon. Thanks to Lesley's great idea, I found the movie on Netflix. It's on "short wait", but hopefully I can get it within a week. Next Friday I have a free lunch offer from an advisor at Ameriprise and I can bring up to 10 people. It's at the Todai Restaurant in Cupertino (in Valco Mall, next to Sears). I love the place and going for free is even better, and having my friends going with me will make my day. Anyone that reads my blog is invited :-) Mothers Day is coming. I'm thinking a nice day trip for my small family to somewhere nice and quaint. uncrowded beach, shade trees, small local restaurant ......

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Do you have a beach in mind? Because the beaches around Davenport, on highway 1, are really pretty, and Davenport and Pescadero both have restaurants.

Anonymous said...

Maybe we can all go to the beach-- with our "small families" in tow? Or does that spoil the whole Mother's Day experience for you?

Anonymous said...

I hope netflix has more than 1 copy of Maltese... 'cause I got it- and Sarah just borrowed it...