Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Life is a box of chocolate

and every piece is good. Actually I never liked that movie (Forest Gump) and I don't like See's Candy's. Yeah, add those to the "don't like" list. But chocolate is always good. My tenure at Netflix ends in two weeks, whatever was promised, anticipated, is not panning out. I'm relieved that I no longer have to lose sleep over a project that I was supposed to implement, and in reality, never existed. Being a job search addict, here is my chance to hook up with all of my recruiter friends again. One thing I've learned from being called to the last two jobs, there is a good reason a company is willing to pay recruiters the big bucks to fill a job. Don't let that call flatter you. Now I'll have time to write, read my book club books (Hi Lesley), hang out with Henry, cook, take long walks, I might even scrub the toilet if I'm really really bored.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whoa!!!! I can't wait to hear more about this.

Sarah said...

Omigod, Vivian, what a shock. I'm really impressed with your resilience. Now I really want to come visit you at work and drink as much free Peet's as I can, for revenge. And I hope you start taking LOOOOONG lunches.

Jocelyn said...

Did someone say Peets? Hey, why don't you come knit at Magma? Bring a thermos of Peets!