Thursday, October 26, 2006

Some Knitting Ramblings

Some of you have noticed that I put a ticker on the bottom of my blog page to show the last time I bought yarn. I meant to put it on the side, but the graph won't resize itself to fit there, so it has to stay on the bottom.

Since the ticker is for yarn purchase, what I bought today probably shouldn't count. The Knitting Answer Book by Margaret Radcliffe. Very small book with plenty of reference for knitting tips and tricks, from cast on to finishing sweater. Would fit nicely in knitting bag. I had a 40% off coupon from Michael's, have to grab something if I'm already there, right?

Also got a Knitters magazine from Michael's the other day. My subscription ran out all by itself, and if I can find it at Michael's why bother with a subscription. I haven't been terribly thrilled about the magazine for the last couple of years, all those scarves just don't keep me warm.

 I re-did the band on the back of my De Clores the other night, still looks a little weird. But if I pull the fronts tighter together, make it a double breasted jacket, the back looks much better. Will bring it to our meeting at Yarndogs tonight to see what others think.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Wow! A month w/o buying yarn? How do you do it? And with a new yarn store opening and you went!